Monday, September 7, 2009

Bristol-Myers Squibb, the FBI and 9/11

I worked for a division of Bristol-Myers Squibb in the UK between 1989 and 2000. I reported slack Health and Safety standards to the plant manager, and corruption to the HR manager and to the Bristol-Myers Squibb corporate ombudsman's office. I believe the FBI investigated my claims during the period 2000 to 2001. I believe the investigating officer was special agent Thomas J Pickard; he was deputy director of the FBI and reported to Louis J Freeh, director of the FBI. The investigation in my opinion revolved around issues that would have been material to a reasonable investor. Following the investigation, neither Bristol-Myers Squibb nor the FBI made statements. Both Thomas J Pickard (2002) and Louis J Freeh (2003) took up employment with Bristol-Myers Squibb. Pickard as head of security and later chief compliance officer, Freeh as a board director. As the official duties of Thomas J Pickard in 2001 were: "oversight of the parallel investigations into aspects of the terrorist attacks of September 11 and a series of East Coast anthrax mailings", I think the whole episode requires a joint statement from the FBI and BMS.

A full account of my experience of dealing with the Bristol-Myers Squibb Ombubudsman's office can be seen at http://www.lawsatwork.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment